Sunday, January 30, 2011
We will be visiting such historical places like Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre, the Royal National Theatre, and Stratford-upon-Avon. I will be spending 16 nights in London, 4 in Avignon, 1 in Stratford, and 4 in Edinburgh. I cannot express how excited I am to take part in this once in a life time opportunity. I was hoping to have gone last year and I did not due to the price of the program. I wasn't going to go this year either but then my best friend Zack convinced me that this may be the only chance I get for a trip like this, so I decided it was time I took out a student loan ( woot ...sorta)
I am in the process of applying for a passport and hopefully they don't find out I'm an international spy or anything hahaha. Getting your passport picture is, believe it or not, worse than getting any yearbook or drivers licence photo done. Now if you know me at all you know I have a hard time NOT smiling, so as soon as the photographer told me I couldn't smile guess what happened. The turnout was a picture of me with some weird smirk and a half raised eye brow.
In other news, Oklahoma's closing performance, yesterday, was very rewarding and emotional. I have learned so much about researching a play and the world around it. With that I enjoyed being a part of an ensemble where I was able to create and mold a character. Every night I was discovering something new about who I was, and what I wanted, and amazingly enough by the last night of the performance I was finally learning my characters secret that I had been acting on the entire time.
Here is a quick profile I had made:
Name: (Elizabeth) Eliza Martha Butler
Place of Birth: Green, Kentucky
Fathers Occupation: Farmer
Family: Youngest of three Caroline Butler and Christian Thomas Butler (died at age 15
Reason for Leaving:
Ran away with Older sister ,Caroline Butler, and Caroline's Fiance ,David John Palmer, to Mississippi after parents died of Cholera and the children were placed in care of their Uncle. After getting to Mississippi David left two girls on their own. They soon joined a wagon train coming from Alabama on their way out west. Her older sister Caroline Butler came down with small pox and died just outside of Claremore, Oklahoma. Here Eliza started a new life and became a part of the Oklahoma Territory Community.
Secret: She was in love with Judd; who, unfortunately, had no eye for her.
Nothing too interesting really, but I will certainly be doing this or some form of it in any future role.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
- I was cast in Wiley and the Hairy Man. This was an amazing TYA production that I was able to be a part of and I got to work with ever so talented John Graham. I also got to learn to work on stilts which was also amazing (and scary)
- I got a new job !! I'm no longer a Jamba Juicer. I am now working at LifeVantage Corporation. I'm a customer service agent. (basically I sit at my desk on Facebook, Hulu, while I Crochet, make my journals, and jewelry) I love my Job and I work with three of My Best friends Heather, Ashley and my Roomie Tasha!
- I got a new apartment! I live right across from campus at these fantastic apts called Winterhaven. I LOVE my roomates ! I live in the same room as Tasha and we are best friends :)
- For the past couple months I've been working on Oklahoma! at UVU. It has been an amazing experience to get to work with Dave Tinney. He is a fun professor and a Brilliant Director/ Choreographer. Our production runs from the 20- 29th of January.
- And I get to now. I have just been cast in The Black Box Company directed by Dave Tinney. We are doing a Childrens touring show called AVillage Fable. We will be taking this show around Jr High schools and Middle schools. This show tries to deal with suicide in a way that doesn't necessarily scream at you.
Now for the future, right now I am planning and preparing for a trip to Europe this summer. I'll be going with our Theater Dept. Headed up By the wonderful Chris Clark. I will be going to England, Scotland, and France performing at the Festival d'Avignon and the Edinburough International Festival .